Low Cost Divorce – Advice Contracts
Why spend a lot of money on a divorce if you don’t have to?
If you and your spouse are in agreement on the basic terms of ending your marriage, then you might be interested in a less-expensive alternative to a full-cost divorce in Colorado Springs.
We offer a lower cost divorce option with something called an Advice Contract.
If you are willing to do some of the legwork (filing forms for example), then an advice contract divorce option that is much less costly than a full-priced divorce might be ideal for you.
What Is An Advice Contract?
Advice contracts are simply a contract that I offer to lower the cost of a divorce by advising clients, in detail, how to complete their divorce mostly by themselves and in a completely safe, legal manner. The advice contract will include the following;
- How to draft your divorce documents.
- Exacting directions how to proceed with your divorce.
- How to properly e-file your documents.
- Legal advice for trial prep (if needed).
- And more!
If you get part way through your divorce and realize you need representation, I can step in and give you the quality legal representation you need. You are never alone in your divorce!
This is NOT a do-it-yourself Divorce
Although you will represent yourself in your divorce, you will have access (in-person, by phone or by email) to Mary Daugherty, an experienced Colorado Springs divorce lawyer, who will advise you how to complete your divorce in a step-by-step, efficient and low-stress manner.
What Is Included In Our Advice Contract
Here is what our Advice Contract for Divorce includes:
- Initial 30 minute consultation
- Properly filled out forms needed to initiate your divorce with instructions on what forms will need as the case goes on and when to file them
- Computation of child support and/or maintenance using statutory guidelines
- Access to the attorney for up to 2 hours which can be used in telephone calls, emails, in-person appointments, or availability during mediation (emails and phone calls to be returned within 1 business day, with the exception of attorney holidays, for which clients will be notified in advance) to discuss:
- What to expect during the process
- How a court might rule on specific issues
- Review settlements
- The opportunity for additional consultation time as needed based on the attorney’s hourly rate
- The opportunity to hire your attorney to represent you if your case becomes too complicated.
Only one spouse meets with the attorney, even if the parties are generally in agreement.
Normally, our low cost divorce will not cost more than $1,000 over the course of a divorce and many spend less than $500 for their divorce. You will be able to discuss your divorce with the attorney by phone or email, and our paralegal can help you with paperwork.
If there are no children, the attorney will help with the separation agreement and a hearing may not be necessary. Of course, if your divorce becomes more complex or you decide that a low-cost option isn’t for you, Mary Daugherty can represent you fully for a normal fee structure.
You will ultimately be representing yourself and responsible for court deadlines, but your attorney will be available to answer questions and help you understand the process.
Schedule A Consultation
If a low cost divorce by Advice Contract seems like a good choice for you, the next step is to set up a 30 minute consultation with Mary Daugherty. Call (719) 215-0577 or click the button below to schedule your consultation.